Did you just move to Boulder? Have you lived here for years, but are you looking for a new dentist? At Boulder Dental Designs, we would like to sincerely thank you for checking out our blog. We strive…Read More
Your Best Boulder Dentist
Boulder Dental Designs: Boulder’s Top Rated Local® Dentist
Knowing where to go for dental work can be tough if you’re new to the area or if you’re no longer satisfied with your current dental provider. Finding the right dentist is a huge decision for yourself and your family. For this reason, Boulder Dental Designs has got you covered. We make it our business to ensure that all of our clients are comfortable, at ease, and satisfied with their dental care. Whether you’re needing general dentistry, cosmetic work, Invisalign, or even if you have dental emergencies, Boulder Dental Designs is your first call if you’re in the Boulder area. Dr. John Montoya and our amazing staff will make sure that you leave our office happy and 100% satisfied with our services. We’re currently taking new patients, so contact us now to schedule an appointment. Don’t waste your time by searching “dentists near me” on Google; come see the best Boulder dentist instead!
As children, we begrudgingly went to our dental visits every six months like clockwork. Our parents would schedule routine appointments, we would go to have our teeth cleaned and a cavity or two filled, and that was that. You brushed regularly, flossed daily, and received regular dental care because your parents saw to it that your teeth were a priority. But often, when people reach adulthood, their teeth seem to often be placed on the back burner. Many adults don’t brush their teeth twice daily, don’t floss regularly, and don’t go to the dentist nearly often enough. The fact is, your teeth deserve better.
According to the American Dental Association, most adults should visit the dentist every six months to make sure that there are no cavities forming, no gum issues developing, and no oral diseases present. If your Boulder dentist suggests that it’s ok to schedule visits only once per year, which is often the case for certain individuals with strong teeth, make sure that you get the “okay” from them before you fail to schedule your next visit. Since, as an adult, you get one set of teeth, why not make sure that those pearly whites last as long as you do? Let’s look at a few reasons why going to the dentist is important.
Reasons to Visit the Dentist Regularly
- Receive Regular Cleanings – Not only do your teeth feel amazing right after you’ve received a dental cleaning, getting regular teeth cleanings is vital for maintaining healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. Scheduling regular cleanings an important step in your dental preventative care and is also a great way to ensure that there are no cavities forming, or plaque turning into something more serious. When plaque starts to build up, it can lead to some very serious and expensive oral problems.
- Early Diagnosis of Tooth Decay – Much like many other physical issues, the earlier a problem is caught, the better the chances of it being dealt with in an affordable, and non-invasive way. Detecting tooth decay in the earliest stages is vital for your dentist to be able to take care of it in the best way possible for you. When one or more teeth are too far gone to be able to repair, the options for fixing them can be extremely expensive and possibly very painful. But even if you know that your teeth are severely decayed, talk to your Boulder dentist as soon as possible to come up with a solution.
- Diagnosis of Severe Dental Disease – Since there are a number of problems that occur in the body that can start to show themselves in the mouth, getting in to see the dentist on a regular basis can be vital to get some of these problems detected. In addition to problems that are occurring in other locations in the body, dental visits can also help you get a diagnosis in the unlikely, but possible event that you have some form of oral cancer. Though this cancer is often easily treated at the early stages, it can grow and spread rather quickly. Make sure that you schedule regular dental visits to ensure that nothing damaging is happening in your body. Call today to schedule an oral cancer screening.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Gum Disease – Gum disease can reveal itself as Gingivitis — this is known as the early stage of gum disease and it’s most obvious when the gums become red, are often swollen, and can bleed quite easily. At this stage, the disease is treatable and can usually be cured by regular brushing and flossing.When Gingivitis is left to fester, it turns into Periodontitis — this occurs when the gums and bone that support the teeth eventually start to become horribly and irreversibly damaged. Gums infected with periodontitis can cause teeth to become loose, fall out, or need to be removed by a dentist. Even at this advanced stage of gum disease, our Boulder dentist can help!
Now that your parents aren’t making you visit the dentist regularly, and you may even have kids of your own, making sure that you’re going to the dentist as often as you schedule your kid’s visits is extremely important. How frustrating would it be to discover that your lack of regular dental care has led to expensive, invasive, and painful treatments? If you know that it’s time to get back into the dentist, check out our services listed on our website or contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Now that we’ve stressed the idea of regular dental services, let’s take a look at another form of dentistry, which also happens to be a service that we provide: emergency dental services. The American Dental Association discusses many different reasons for why a person might need emergency dental services, and as we all know, a dental emergency can happen to anyone at anytime. Playing rough sporting activities, regularly chewing ice and popcorn kernels, freak accidents, and even a lack of proper dental hygiene can be dangerous for your teeth. Here are some of the most common dental emergencies as well as the best tips recommended by the American Dental Association:
- When a permanent tooth or “adult” tooth is completely knocked out – As this is one of the most common dental emergencies and can occur from a number of different incidents including rough sporting events, being hit in the face, being in a car accident, and more. When your tooth is knocked out, make sure that you contact your Boulder dentist right away. Tip: If your tooth is knocked out, first, locate the tooth and try and stick it back in the socket. If this doesn’t work, keep it in between your cheek and gums, in milk, or in a tooth preservation product that has been recommended by the ADA. At that point, it’s time to get to your local dentist ASAP.
- When a tooth is cracked or chipped – Chipped or cracked teeth are incredibly frustrating and can occur at any time, for many different reasons. Our teeth are only so strong, and especially if our teeth are weakened by cavities, we might find that their ability to chip is fairly easy. Tip: In the event of a chipped or cracked tooth, rinse the area with water and do your best to keep it clean until you can get in to see the dentist. If necessary, keep a cold compress on the area to keep the swelling down.
- When the jaw is broken or dislocated – With certain incidents, a severe injury to the face can lead to a broken or dislocated jaw. Unlike the other issues that we’ve discussed, this problem may need to be dealt with by a trained medical doctor or physician. Complications can include anything from an airway blockage, bleeding, and difficulty eating, to difficulty talking and breathing blood or food into the lungs. Tip: If you believe that you may have a broken or dislocated jaw, make sure that you first call your Boulder dentist. You may need further medical treatment, but it’s important to keep your dentist in the loop of what’s going on.
- When a filling or crown is lost or broken – Many of us have been receiving fillings for years, and for this reason, it’s extremely possible that some or all of your fillings or crowns are quite old. If it’s been decades since you’ve gotten a filling or crown, it’s likely that it’s not going to stay in place quite as well as fillings and crowns that have been installed more recently. The most common reason to lose a filling or crown is biting into or chewing something that is particularly hard, extremely chewy, or is an odd shape. Tip: If you lose a crown or filling, you’ll probably notice some moderate to extreme tooth sensitivity. If you believe that you’ve lost a filling or crown, or if you’re suddenly experiencing sensitivity, contact us now!
- When a toothache is present – A toothache can occur for many different reasons. Common reasons for toothaches are infections, gum disease, grinding teeth, tooth trauma, an abnormal bite, and a tooth eruption. Toothaches that are the result of a tooth eruption are common in babies, school-aged children, and even teenagers dealing with emerging wisdom teeth. Tip: If you have a toothache, the solution may be extremely simple, but it’s impossible to know if you don’t go in to the dentist. If you’re experiencing pain, make sure you contact your Boulder dentist right away so that your symptoms don’t worsen.
- When a tooth is abscessed – Though there are multiple reasons for a tooth to become abscessed, one of the most common reasons is a dental cavity that has gotten so large that it has reached the pulp chamber. This causes an inflammation of the pulp, known as pulpitis. Since pulpitis is an infection, failure to seek proper treatment can lead to other, more serious dental and even medical issues. Tip: Since a tooth abscess usually presents itself as a toothache, make sure that you get in touch with your boulder dentist immediately to schedule an appointment.
Since a dental emergency can happen to anyone at any point, and for a number of different reasons, we are used to dealing with any and all dental emergencies here in Boulder. If you’re looking for an emergency dentist in Boulder, make sure that you contact us for a quick appointment. We’ll make sure that you get fixed up and back to your regular schedule as quickly as possible.
Perhaps you’ve been pretty lucky so far and you haven’t had much of a need for emergency dental services, but you have considered getting your teeth straightened with Invisalign. Though not all dentists are qualified and knowledgeable enough to offer Invisalign to their clients, Dr. Montoya at Boulder Dental Designs is fully certified to offer Invisalign to anyone who is interested.
Invisalign is a clear, non-metal alternative to traditional braces. It relies on a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners so that it’s almost impossible to tell when someone is wearing Invisalign. Unlike regular braces, you can easily take it out to brush, floss, eat, and drink. Most people need to wear each device for about two weeks before being fitted for their upgrade. Wouldn’t you love to invisibly straighten your crooked teeth? With Invisalign, your Boulder dentist can have you smiling more and more every day.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign is nearly invisible
- Much more comfortable than braces
- Fewer appointments than for those with traditional braces
- There are no foods that are off limits
- They can easily be taken out for brushing and flossing
- Costs are quite comparable to traditional braces
- Avoid the frustration and pain of cuts in your cheeks and lips
- No dealing with messy wax protective strips
- Teeth whitening can be performed while using Invisalign
- No emergency dental visits for broken brackets, bands, or wires
If you’ve been considering a great solution to traditional braces, Invisalign might be the perfect choice for you. It’s convenient, comfortable, and effective! Getting straight and beautiful teeth is as attainable and effortless as ever with Invisalign. Contact our offices now to schedule a free Invisalign consultation.
There can be all kinds of reasons to need dental services. Maybe you’re needing to schedule a much-needed cleaning, in search of emergency dentistry, or are wanting to inquire about Invisalign, but whatever brings you into our offices, we know that you’ll be completely satisfied when you leave. In addition to these services, we also offer a number of standard services such as cleanings, fillings, and root canals, and a good amount of additional services: